[MacRuby-devel] Document based application template

Andy Stechishin andy.stechishin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 20:46:15 PDT 2011

I am trying to make a Document based MacRuby application. I create the
new project in Xcode4 (4.0.2) and immediately select build and run.
The application starts but there is no "Untitled" window and the
File->New and File->Open menu options are greyed out. Following the
same sequence of actions except choosing an Objective-C based
application, the "Untitled" Window appears and the menu options are
active. I have compared the project contents, the xib files (including
File Owners and First Responders) and linked frameworks and can find
no difference that would explain the different operation. It would
seem that there is some problem with NSDocumentController in the
MacRuby version. It is either not there or has been added properly to
the responder chain.

Am I missing something? Or is this a defect? Has anyone else
encountered this and found a work around?

Andy Stechishin