[MacRuby-devel] macruby does not compile for me on Lion with xcode 4.1

Marvin Frick marvinfrick at gmx.de
Sat Jul 23 03:20:31 PDT 2011

Hi,

On 23.07.2011, at 11:32, Morgan Schweers wrote:

> Greetings,
> +1; I can't even get past: encoding.h:22:30: error: unicode/ustring.h: No such file or directory
>
> Sad fox.
>
> I'm pulling down XCode 4.2 to see if that works better...
>
> --  Morgan

Yeah, this is what i was talking about not finding the unicode headers.
I dont think upgrading xcode to 4.2 is any help.

However, I was told in the IRC (thanks ferrous26!) that the public available source wont compile on Lion right now. There are said to be patches that are not yet public since Lion was subject to NDA. Untill the source on github is updated, I'll stick with the pre-build binaries. I unpacked them manually into my /usr/local to keep my non-root-user file permissions in there, which is nice for homebrew users.

Hopefully the Lion-Patches will be released soon!

Cheers!
Marvin