[MacRuby-devel] Could not connect button:

Bryan Goines bryann83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 08:41:56 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to understand and solve this issue.

First of all, I did the following step by step:

1) Create a new project
2) added 'buttonClick(sender)' method to AppDelegate class in AppDelegate.rb -- like this

class AppDelegate
 attr_accessor :window
def buttonClick(sender)
puts "testing"
end
end

3) clicked MainMenu to open a GUI editor
4) dragged a button to the window.
5) open button's Connections Inspector and linked button to 'buttonClick'
6) Click Run button to build the app and execute app

The following error from Xcode 4's output console:

Could not connect the action buttonClick: to target of class AppDelegate

Any idea why am I getting this error and what did I do anything wrong?

Thanks!

--
Bryan