[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby objects in IB in Xcode4

Jakub Suder jakub.suder at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 14:05:15 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:27, Eloy Duran <eloy.de.enige at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you defining the ‘action’ method with a ‘sender’ argument? Because that's the way it's picked up as being a method that should be exposed to IB. E.g.:
>
>  def peelBananas(sender)
>    # provide your optimized algorithm for peeling bananas
>  end

This is funny - I couldn't connect it in Xcode4, so I opened the same
file in IB from Xcode3 instead, made the connection, saved the file,
went back to Xcode4 - and now everything was working fine... I swear,
before when I right-clicked on the object in the sidebar on the left,
it showed some existing connections with an exclamation mark (as if
suggesting that it can't see the method anymore) and when I tried to
drag a connection from a control, the object didn't react on hover at
all. And after I edited the file in IB3 this suddenly started to work
as expected.

JS