[MacRuby-devel] 0.11 schedule

Morgan Schweers cyberfox at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:43:17 PDT 2011

Greetings,
I just yesterday ran into a problem with the head of MacRuby on GitHub that
makes it not possible to use Mechanize/Nokogiri, specifically the
redefinition of Node?

I see this if I just go

$ macirb
irb> require 'rubygems'
irb> require 'mechanize'

It looks like a bundle gets loaded that tries to redefine Node, but...that
doesn't work for some reason?  I'm not totally clear on what's going wrong,
just that it was a show-stopper for me for moving to HEAD.  I'm not at home,
where I was having this problem in spades until I downgraded to 0.10, but if
you install the mechanize gem on a 0.11 version it pretty consistently fails
to load.

Since nokogiri and mechanize are pretty important to what I'm building, it's
a bad place to be... :/

--  Morgan