[MacRuby-devel] Need to Write Core Data Accessors in MacRuby?

Shannon Love techzen at me.com
Tue Jun 28 08:55:57 PDT 2011

I'm not to the point of wiring up the UI yet. I will employ bindings when I do so but at the moment I am creating a complex data model using NSManagedObject subclasses with lots of customized behaviors. I do this all the time in Objective-c but I am uncertain how to go about doing so in MacRuby.

 The @dynamic processor in Objective-C 2.0 autogenerates attribute and relationship accessors except for the to-many relationship convenience methods but obviously MacRuby has no such capability. I don't think the `attr_accessor ` in ruby will generate the proper core data accessors.

I suppose my real question is: Do we have to write all the accessors like we used to do in the early days of Core Data in Objective-s 1.0 or is there some functionality in ruby or MacRuby that obviates the need to do so?

Thanks,
Shannon