[MacRuby-devel] How do people deal with macgem overwriting MRI gem binaries?

Mark Rada mrada at marketcircle.com
Thu Jun 30 20:15:11 PDT 2011

I believe you want to comment on this ticket:

http://www.macruby.org/trac/ticket/574

However, I'm thinking that installing to /usr/local/bin instead only solves overwriting the commands. You still have to deal with which directory comes first in your $PATH.

Personally, I use rvm to solve this problem. However, it comes with its own set of trade-offs.

Mark Rada
mrada at marketcircle.com