[MacRuby-devel] macruby_deploy --gem

Mark Rada mrada at marketcircle.com
Tue Mar 1 19:19:25 PST 2011

macruby_deploy gets the rubygems source code to actually look up the gem.

You mentioned that you use RVM. Did you configure your GEM_PATH and GEM_HOME so
that they point to the non-RVM places or were you just making the directories yourself?

Rubygems looks for its cache of gemspecs to find the gems, so if the directory layout in

/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.9/usr/lib/ruby/Gems/1.9.2

is not what it expects then it will not find the gems.

/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.9/usr/lib/ruby/Gems/1.9.2

should have these directories in it:

cache/           doc/             gems/            specifications/

I think you only need the specifications and gems directory for things to work, but I am not sure.

Mark Rada
mrada at marketcircle.com