[MacRuby-devel] Core Data brain-o

Morgan Schweers cyberfox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:54:07 PDT 2011

Greetings,
I was trying to set up automatic migration, and did this brain-o, which will
be obvious to most folks, but stumped me for a little bit:

       psc_options = {
NSMigratePersistentStoresAutomaticallyOption:NSNumber.numberWithBool(true),

 NSInferMappingModelAutomaticallyOption:NSNumber.numberWithBool(true) }

       fail(error)
unless at persistentStoreCoordinator.addPersistentStoreWithType(NSSQLiteStoreType,

configuration:nil, URL:url,

When what I should have been doing was something like:

       psc_options = {}

    psc_options[NSMigratePersistentStoresAutomaticallyOption] =
NSNumber.numberWithBool(true)

    psc_options[NSInferMappingModelAutomaticallyOption] =
NSNumber.numberWithBool(true)

...or even...

    psc_options = { NSMigratePersistentStoresAutomaticallyOption =>
NSNumber.numberWithBool(true),

                    NSInferMappingModelAutomaticallyOption =>
NSNumber.numberWithBool(true) }

It's subtle bugs like these that make me slap my head...

...but now Core Data automatic migration works!  W00t!

--  Morgan

p.s. If you're trying to do Core Data migration, I found this article
particularly useful:
http://www.timisted.net/blog/archive/core-data-migration/