[MacRuby-devel] Problem with latest macruby stable and unicode regexp

Glenn Gillen me at glenngillen.com
Sun Mar 27 04:05:24 PDT 2011

Hey all,

This is my first foray into MacRuby dev so go easy :) I'm trying to make a fairly simple web editor with Haml and Sass parsing behind the scenes, and including Sass  into my project throws the following error on build:

regexp `[\u{80}-\u{D7FF}\u{E000}-\u{FFFD}\u{10000}-\u{10FFFF}]' compilation error: U_REGEX_BAD_ESCAPE_SEQUENCE (RegexpError)

The offending line is here:

https://github.com/nex3/sass/blob/master/lib/sass/scss/rx.rb#L55

Any ideas what I can do apart from forking Sass and opting for the 1.8 compatible regexp?

Thanks,

Glenn