[MacRuby-devel] hotcocoa virus

Gary Weaver gary.weaver at duke.edu
Wed Mar 30 14:17:41 PDT 2011

Enzo,

It might be a translation issue, but I wouldn't call that a virus (it
doesn't replicate, it is just something that freezes your computer). I
wouldn't call it "Virus" in the gist either, if I were you.

If it is a bug in HotCocoa, than it may be a bug (or at least undesired
functionality if it freezes your Mac) in MacRuby or OS X, so you might
want to dig deeper and provide more info on version (and where you got
it, since it is in various places in GitHub) of HotCocoa.

Thanks!
Gary