[MacRuby-devel] macruby rspec mock odd behavior

Joshua Ballanco jballanc at gmail.com
Fri May 6 07:26:53 PDT 2011

Hi Gabriel,

So, you've stumbled across a bit of a confusing "feature" of MacRuby and interaction with Obj-C. The full method name of the Obj-C method, as Ruby sees it, is actually "buildRequestWithUrl:method:header:body:", since this is the selector. So, I think your mock should work if you simply modify it as follows:

 @requestBuilder.should_receive(:"buildRequestWithUrl:method:header:body:")
 .with("http://example.com", method: "POST", header: nil, body: anything() )
 .and_return(nil)

Please let us know if that doesn't work!

Cheers,

Josh