[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby Application .pkg install results in Unsupported Architecture

Daniel Westendorf daniel at prowestech.com
Sun May 8 17:47:45 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my application submitted to the Mac App Store, and I've
gotten the following response:

*Unsupported Architecture* - Application executables may support either or
both of the Intel architectures:

   - i386 (32-bit)
   - x86_64 (64-bit)

I have specified the Valid Architectures in my Build Settings to be x86_64
and removed the i386 entry. When I Archive the application and create a .pkg
using the "Share" button, the package is created, but when I attempt to
launch it, I immediately get the response "MyApp can’t be installed on this
computer."

This is on my development machine. If I create an .app, it launches and runs
fine. I'm running the latest nightly build of MacRuby.

Any thoughts on how to track this issue down?

Thanks,

Daniel