[MacRuby-devel] String#sub/gsub and text encodings

Laurent Sansonetti lsansonetti at apple.com
Mon May 16 18:08:50 PDT 2011

Hi Caio,

On May 16, 2011, at 2:21 PM, Caio Chassot wrote:

> On 2011-05-16, at 00:37 , Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
>
>> Filling dups is always a good idea as it helps up prioritizing work.
>
> Oh Laurent, please let's not encourage this terrible dupes-as-voting-system practice; just add a +1 button to tickets.
>
> Filling proper tickets is hard work. Time shouldn't be spent on filing known dupes. (Filing accidental dupes still preferred than not filing anything at all for laziness of searching to check it's not a dupe)

Well I think it's quicker to file a dup than search through the entire database (using the awful Trac interface, but that's another topic), to then comment "hey, me too!". And let's also consider false positives (people thinking this ticket describes their bug, when it doesn't).

I think it's a better idea to let the team triage the bugs, since they know about the big picture.