[MacRuby-devel] Documentation: appel_ref marker strings for Ruby?

Andrew O'Brien obrien.andrew at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:14:17 PDT 2011

Hi,

I've been looking into writing a YARD plugin that would output documentation in the Apple docset format. I ran into a bit of a problem when I was trying to setup a Tokens.xml (for API lookup) and found that there were no marker strings for Ruby.

According to the HeaderDoc User guide, there's C, Obj-C, Java, JavaScript, C++, PHP, Pascal, Perl, and Shell. It looks like docsetutil actually checks against this list because supplying "rb" as the lang type appeared to blow it up.

What are the chances we could get some blessed symbol types for Ruby?

Thanks,
Andrew