[MacRuby-devel] Scripting Bridge

Spencer Rose dspencerr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:16:12 PDT 2011

So final question, now that I downloaded the updates to scripting
bridge, and it compiles fine, I still get errors such
as: `<main>': undefined method `exportFormat' this is right after
running your "doc.packageTo" method which worked great.  I got
the exportFormat method and other methods I have tried directly
from my indesign.spriptingbridge file. A few of the methods in there
are working, most are giving me an "undefinded method" error.
I think the error is because my parameter syntax is off.  When I
changed the parameter syntax on the one you made work I got the
same error.  So how do I know the right syntax?

exportFormat:
	to:
	-showingOptions:
	using:
	versionComments:
	-forceSave:

<arg type='B' index='2'/> -showingOptions:
<arg type='B' index='5'/> -forceSave:

packageTo:

<arg type='B' index='1'/> - copyingFonts:
<arg type='B' index='2'/> - copyingLinkedGraphics:
<arg type='B' index='3'/> - copyingProfiles:
<arg type='B' index='4'/> - updatingGraphics:
<arg type='B' index='5'/> - includingHiddenLayers:
<arg type='B' index='6'/> - ignorePreflightErrors:
<arg type='B' index='7'/> - creatingReport:
<arg type='B' index='9'/> - versionComments:

<retval type='B'/> - forceSave:

exportFormat:to:showingOptions:using:versionComments:forceSave:

-
packageTo:copyingFonts:copyingLinkedGraphics:copyingProfiles:
-

-
updatingGraphics:includingHiddenLayers:ignorePreflightErrors:
creatingReport:versionComments:forceSave:
-

I figure the index numbers means the position of the param in the list.
This has not worked perfectly and yours did not seem to match up perfectly
or else I am missing something.  How do we figure out syntax for these other
than trial and error?  Thanks