[MacRuby-devel] NSTimer.timerWithTimeInterval ?

Robert Feldt robert.feldt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:39:13 PST 2011

Yes, thanks again. What "got me" here is that the error message
complained that the method wasn't there so I didn't really consider
looking at the formatting of the parameters. I realize now that
MacRuby probably does method lookup/disambiguation based on the "param
names" (or what they are called in objective-c).

So a suggestion to the MacRuby team would be to try to make the error
message indicate this in some way if possible.

So instead of simply:

 undefined method `scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval' for NSTimer:Class
(NoMethodError)

Something like:

 undefined method `scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval' (or missing/use of
parameters) for NSTimer:Class (NoMethodError)

would be helpful and imho more "true". OTOH this might make it into an
ArgumentError so not easy to handle...

Regards,

Robert

Best regards,