[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby promise delivered

Michael Johnston lastobelus at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 17:52:49 PST 2011

I added basic fsevents reloading in my fork (https://github.com/lastobelus/MacRubyReload)

Should change to check an environment var first for list of directories to watch, and otherwise use project root. For now I just grabbed the dir of the rb_main.loc.txt entry.

I'm curious to experiment with automating the dynamic reloading of nib files. Anyone have any tips for that? The problem is that there are many patterns for using nibs, so it will be difficult to fully automate. But perhaps we can at least make it easy for common cases.

Another next step would be to attach a panel to any window with a running macirb in it whose top-level context is the window controller for that window. That might be actually fairly easy to do.

Cheerio,

Michael Johnston
lastobelus at mac.com