[MacRuby-devel] Slideshow on OS X

Rúben Fonseca fonseka at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 09:56:48 PST 2011

Hi all, first post to this mailing list.

I'm trying to implement a simple Slideshow application on OS X using
Macruby. It seems the normal way of doing this in Objective-C is by
using the IKSlideshow class of Quartz framework.

However I quickly started having crashes, even on the simplest
example. Digging further I found this openradar from 2009
(http://openradar.appspot.com/7281441) stating that IKSlideshow
doesn't work under GC. I tried taking the example app of IKSlideshow,
enabling GC, and I confirmed it really crashes (Xcode 4.2, OS X
10.7.2).

So since Macruby uses GC, I have no way of using IKSlideshow.

So my question is, do anyone know an existing framework or sample code
for showing fullscreen slideshows on OS X apps?

Thanks everybody!
Rúben

--
Will work for bandwidth