[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby promise delivered

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Thu Nov 24 19:40:22 PST 2011

On Nov 24, 2011, at 4:28 PM, Michael Johnston wrote:

> I think the first step to using it would be to make a target to compile as a framework and make it cocoa pod-able. Then wiring up so can launch in app terminals with the app delegate or a particular window controller as top level object.
>
> I was trying to figure out how to make it indent code as it is typed which irb does. Any thoughts on that?

I think I'd start by throwing away all of the existing UI and starting over with something that's not line-by-line but block/scope oriented.  You could fake it in the current one, I suppose, by automatically pre-pending spaces to everything the user types based on indentation level.  But that would be totally skanky. :)

- Jordan