[MacRuby-devel] Odd crash message

Nick Ludlam nick at recoil.org
Tue Oct 4 08:21:42 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I'm building a MacRuby app on Lion, and then getting testers to run it on Snow Leopard, and I'm seeing the following symbol problem:

dyld: Symbol not found: __dispatch_queue_attr_concurrent
Referenced from MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/libmacruby.dylib
Expected in: flat namespace

I'm guessing this is a GCD thing.  On my system, this seems to be provided by /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib, but is this not the case on SL installs?

I'm using MacRuby HEAD, if that has any bearing on things, but if anyone has an idea as to the problem, I'd be very grateful!

Nick