[MacRuby-devel] thread-safety and collections in macruby

Sven A. Schmidt sas at abstracture.de
Thu Oct 20 00:13:07 PDT 2011

I found that searching the google groups mirror was much easier and this might be the thread you're referring to:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/macruby/ceyNNqComMc/discussion

-sas

On Oct 19, 2011, at 22:43, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2011, at 11:38 AM, Terry Moore wrote:
>
>> Yes. But he does state it is a read only not modified array. My understanding is. 'Array' is an NSMutableArray, I was merely suggesting using freeze to throw that exception just in case there maybe some code attempting to write/modify.
>>
>> Mutex is the way to go but it also has an overhead.
>
> Didn't somebody (Ernie?) already post a set of mix-ins for the mutable object classes that used a per-object GCD queue to serialize operations against the object?  If the mail archives were easier to search, I'd pull it up, but it isn't and I'm too lazy. :)
>
> - Jordan

Dr. Sven A. Schmidt
abstracture GmbH & Co. KG
Wilhelm-Theodor-Römheld-Straße 28
55130 Mainz

Fon      +49 6131 696 29 0
Fax      +49 6131 696 29 29
Mail     sas at abstracture.de

Amtsgericht Mainz HRA 40625
USt-IdNr.: DE258454694

Persönlich haftender Gesellschafter:
abstracture IT-Beratungs- und Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, Sitz Mainz, Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 41357

Geschäftsführer: Dr. U. Koch, T. Meyer, A. Misok, Dr. S.A. Schmidt, Dr. V. Schönharting