[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby app store guide

rob ista rob.ista at me.com
Mon Oct 24 04:19:16 PDT 2011

I don't know if this is a xcode bug .. I'm still developing on SL with xcode 4.0.2 because Lion and 4.2 gives me too much trouble and crashes. The automated response in the review process about the codesigning  is quite new and I have not seen it before (on the same delvelopment machine with the same tools) until recently when submitting a new macruby app. It complaints about the macruby framework itself, all .rbo and .dylib files from the framework and all app-specific .rbo files from the deployment phase of the app. It worries me a bit because it seems to shut the door to macruby apps in the near future. It 's now only :

Dear Developer,
We have discovered one or more issues with your recent binary submission for "SMSReCall". Your app has proceeded to review, but the following issues should be corrected in your next submission:
Invalid Signature - the nested app bundle Ruby (SMSReCall.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework) is not signed, the signature is invalid, or it is not signed with an Apple submission certificate. Refer to the Code Signing and Application Sandboxing Guide for more information.
Invalid Signature - the executable SMSReCall.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/Current/usr/lib/libmacruby.1.9.2.dylib is not signed, the signature is invalid, or it is not signed with an Apple submission certificate. Refer to the Code Signing and Application Sandboxing Guide for more information.
Invalid Signature - the executable etc etc etc
Rob

- - - -

Thanks for sharing Eliott, that seems to be a bug with Xcode and it should
be affecting all 3rd party frameworks, not just MacRuby.
Quite strange, but thanks for showing how you worked around the signing
problem.

- Matt