[MacRuby-devel] -twolevel_namespace issue?

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Tue Sep 13 13:03:29 PDT 2011

At 12:11 PM -0700 9/13/11, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I'm not Laurent, but I'll also say that simply waiting for
> him to answer this question may be the wrong approach.

+1

> For one, the project (in order to truly be successful) needs
> to move away from the "single point of failure" model ...

More generally, to be a full-fledged Open Source project, it
needs to build up a body of developers outside of Apple.  (Of
course, Darwin itself largely fails that standard, but that's
not the problem at hand. :-).

> Second, this may be a problem that really needs to be
> addressed in the Amalgalite gem itself ...

And gaining knowledge of how to handle this sort of issue is
also necessary to the development, deployment, and maintenance
of MacRuby.

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation