[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby and Scripting Bridge

Naughty Nimitz naughty.nimitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:08:21 PDT 2011

Hi all,

As i am migrating from RubyCocoa (and the rb-appscript gem) to MacRuby I am
charmed by Scripting Bridge: no gems required and supposedly easy to use.

Now my problem is how to migrate some statements: take this one in RubyCocoa
and appscript:
*
app("Adobe Indesign
CS5").script_preferences.user_interaction_level.set(:never_interact)*

to Scripting Bridge?
*appurl = NSURL.fileURLWithPath("/Applications/Adobe Indesign CS5/Adobe
InDesign CS5.app")
app = SBApplication.applicationWithURL(appurl)*
app.dosamething

It wont accept app.scripting_preferences or app.scriptpreferences?

Alas, app.methods does not reveal a lot of information apart from the
default ruby methods.
Any clues (blogs, ...) where i can find info are more than welcome!

Thanks in advance

--
Nimitz