[MacRuby-devel] Update (Laurent Sansonetti)

Laurent Sansonetti laurent.sansonetti at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 04:35:15 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Tim Rand <timrandg at gmail.com> wrote:
> "First, we will release master as 0.12 (and just forget about 0.11). It
> is important since master has changes for the latest Xcode that have
> never been snipped yet."
>
> Does that mean the macruby project template will be updated to work with
> xcode 4.3.2--i.e. install into the updated directory location
> (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Library/Xcode/Templates/Project\
> Templates/Mac/Application/) and have a .xctemplate structure?  Because I was
> just trying (but failing) to get figure out how to access the templates from
> the xcode 4.3.2. Moving the old templates (from /Library/Application\
> Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Project\ Templates/Application/) didn't work.
> Looks like lots of stuff changed regarding xcode templates with this update.

I am not sure about Xcode 4.3.2, but I tested master with 4.3.1 and
the templates seem to work as expected (also the IB support is working
too). I believe the .xctemplate work was done a few releases ago, and
that the new changes in 0.12 are mostly about dealing with the fact
that Xcode is now installed in /Application/Xcode.app.

Can you try one of the latest nightly builds and let us know if it's
still not working for you?