[MacRuby-devel] Show MacRuby? - a start...

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Fri Feb 10 12:48:15 PST 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Kevin Poorman <kjp at brightleafsoftware.com> wrote:

> I am a huge fan of the hard work that all of you have put forth to bring MacRuby where it is today. I have been using it on and off over the past 3 months for client work and have come across a few things that I often need that are in some way obscure / hard to find / under-documented, or -- mostly -- cocoa design patterns and ideas that are completely foreign to this rubyist. I wanted to try and contribute something to this project and as such, I've started a public repo of "Recipes" of MacRuby tasks / activities that were "hard fought."

These sorts of sample code collections are really great, and can save future generations a lot of hair-pulling (their own, I mean) and frustration.  The only problem then becomes one of discovery:  How do they find the bits?   It seems to me like this might be good fodder for a sub-section of MacRuby's git repository, perhaps with inter-repo relationships for folks who still want the flexibility of maintaining/updating their own collections but "published" up through the MacRuby.org portal.

Just my two cents!

- Jordan