[MacRuby-devel] Xcode 4.3 move template files -- Workaround found!!!

Matt Aimonetti mattaimonetti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 20:57:49 PST 2012

Nice... Can someone working on the installers drop a symlink for now?

-m
Sent from my iPad

On Feb 18, 2012, at 8:40 PM, Kevin Poorman <kjp at brightleafsoftware.com>
wrote:

tl;dr: put a symlink in /Application/xcode/contents/developer/tools that
points to your /Library/Frameworks/macruby.../rb_nibtool; restart Xcode;
get back to writing code.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry here.  -- More importantly which is
the bigger bug.

as it turns out adding a symbolic link to a signed code bundle *does not
seem to change the code sig* and the app (xCode) still runs. (on lion)

Specifically, (forgive the zsh customizations)
kpoorman at Hollis /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Tools *<--
current working dir.*
  % sudo ln -s
/Library/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework/Versions/0.12/usr/bin/rb_nibtool .

Will let Xcode find rb_nibtool, and execute it properly. I can now, after
creating that symlink properly see my outlets etc. Additionally,
instruments shows the macruby executable executing the file at this path.

I'm assuming that a symbolic link injected into a signed app is .. bad
form… but this is at least a work around ?

So, to be clear, I'm not sure wether to file a but with apple about how i
can get signed apps to run unsigned code? OR
how else to get Xcode to trigger unsigned code.

Or maybe both.

Until we figure that one out, we can use Xcode 4.3

(and yes, I totally checked the versions this time. This isn't a false
alarm)

-Kevin