[MacRuby-devel] Xcode: rb_nibtool no longer picking up actions

Kevin Poorman kjp at brightleafsoftware.com
Fri Feb 24 10:43:22 PST 2012

There is a known problem, (at least It's known to me...) with rb_nibtool and certain forms of ruby block syntax.

Specifically, multi-line {} syntax causes it to fail. I've run into this with the dispatch gem doing things like

Dispatch::Job.new {
	#some expensive op
}

that code, while ruby 1.9.2/3 kosher, causes the nibtool to bomb.  However,

Dispatch::Job.new do
	#some expensive op
end

works just fine. Does your code use {'s or begin/end ?

-Pkj