[MacRuby-devel] Xcode templates not installed

Jean-Denis MUYS jdmuys at kleegroup.com
Thu Jan 12 03:17:01 PST 2012

Hi,

I updated my Xcode version to the latest I could find, and the good news is that my MacRuby projects continue to build and run. However, there are no Ruby template to be found.

I figured that reinstalling MacRuby would fix that. So I downloaded the latest nightly build and installed it.

Still no Ruby template to be found.

I checked the MacRuby installer list of files, and indeed, it copies templates to /Developer/Library/Xcode/Templates/...

However this doesn't work any more with the latest versions of Xcode. In order to better accommodate the MAS, Xcode is now a fully stand alone application, whose bundle contains a Developer directory that replaces /Developer.

So it looks like the MacRuby installer doesn't install the templates in the right locations for the latest versions of Xcode.

I then copied over all the MacRuby templates that are listed in the installer file list to their corresponding locations in the Xcode bundle.

It doesn't work: Still no Ruby template to be found.

So I suppose something else must be done to install templates for Xcode to see them.

What did I miss?

Of course, another explanation might be that MacRuby templates are now incompatible with the latest Xcode. I hope that's not the case.

Thanks for any idea.

Jean-Denis

PS: the Xcode version I am mentioning might still be under NDA, so I stayed intentionally vague about it. Feel free to slap me on the wrist. However, I'm still interested in all the steps required to install new templates to the latest version of Xcode that is not under NDA.