[MacRuby-devel] CNC Machine control using USB to IEEE 1284 Parallel port adapter

Will Thorne will at willthorne.com
Sat Jan 21 04:35:46 PST 2012

Perhaps getting a bit off topic for MacRuby list now... Back when I was doing this Arduino didn't exist, I was programming Microchip PIC 16F877 chips in C, I seem to remember that when you receive an interrupt it disables more interrupts from the same source until you reset the bit in the relevant register. You can just debounce the input in software by sampling the state of the input pin a couple of times with a few ms between them then re-enable the interrupt for that port. There must be a similar mechanism for dealing with this problem on with Arduino/Atmel chips? But yeah, you can find yourself spending days trying to work out why your code stopped working, sometimes with only an LED for feedback! It's good fun working on things that do something immediate and physical though, good luck with your project,