[MacRuby-devel] Appstore rules on symlinks Macruby framework changed ?

Rob Ista rob.ista at me.com
Wed May 9 07:44:01 PDT 2012

Yes, i have seen that .. i will do some tests to see if i can get a working app with a symlink although a manual change did not succeed thus far .. either it cannot find macgems (if i hack the binary with "A") or it just crashes because it can not find "Current" through the simlink any more

and yes, it seems that apple is really stretching their rules to the limits .. i sensed some disturbance in the python community as well with similar issues the last few days … the response from the review team was :
- - - - -
Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "SubtitleReSync". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

Malformed Framework - The framework bundle MacRuby (SubtitleReSync.app/Contents/Frameworks/MacRuby.framework) 'Versions' directory must contain a symbolic link 'Current' resolving to a specific version directory. Refer to the Anatomy of Framework Bundles for more information.
- - - - -

The funny thing is that i have another framework but didn't bother to create a "cute" one so i just dumped the .dylib into Frameworks. That seems to be allowed and ok :)

 I will file a bug report as well

cheers, Rob