[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby, ApplesScript and Skype?

Steve Clarke steve at sclarkes.me.uk
Wed May 30 08:43:06 PDT 2012

Hi Mike,

I had a quick look at the skype scripting dictionary and it does appear that "sendCommand:scriptName:" is all that's on offer. I assume that ScriptingBridge has renamed the "send" comand like this to fit in with the way that mehods need to be called from Objective C.

I don't know the skype api so I can't give you a real example, but you might try calling it like this:

>>skype.sendCommand("some skype command string" , scriptName: 'your_script_name')

When I do this exactly as coded above I do see a skype dialog, so something gets through.

Good luck.

Steve