[MacRuby-devel] New Version of GlobalChat2 Pro on App Store

J Silver jsilverman2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 21:16:57 PST 2012

GlobalChat

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/globalchat-2-pro/id566614902?ls=1&mt=12

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/globalchat-server/id566163288?ls=1&mt=12

Written in 100% MacRuby!

Source code: https://github.com/jsilverMDX/GlobalChat2

Bonus: RubyMotion version

Definitely planned and in the works: Android Ruboto version

Not yet planned or in the works: Windows, Linux

Reporting in on IronRuby, it feels like a huge dead end. Takes ages to
get anywhere and there's no toolchain support in OS X, though it builds
under Mono. It's incredibly frusterating because it seems that the
language they built is actually 99% of what it needs to be to be a great
Ruby next to MacRuby. But there doesn't seem to be an interest (?) even
by Xamarin, Mono developer, so I've given up on it. Shoes may be used to
make the Windows or Linux versions. If anyone knows any other cross
platform Ruby solutions, please let me know!

Thanks and MINASWAN !

Jonathan Silverman