[MacRuby-devel] Cannot compile RJB using MacRuby nightly

Eduardo G. Melguizo tnarik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:02:02 PST 2012

Hi all,

I installed macruby-nightly from RVM, installed a few gems such as Nokogiri and modified a test XCode project scheme accordingly to get the gems to be known by XCode and it was a success!

Now, one additional gem I would like to use have a dependency on RJB, as it contains a jar file. But the installation of RJB fails. It has a dependency on dl.h, a header that I have seen in MRI 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 inside a 1.9.1 folder (/Users/tnarik/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p125/include/ruby-1.9.1/ruby/dl.h), but not in MacRuby.

I'm trying to identify it this file is needed at all of it it's part of some future MacRuby release. Or if what I'm trying to do here it's impossible and I should find an alternative without RJB dependencies.
Any thoughts?

Regards,
   Eduardo