[MacRuby-devel] Cannot compile RJB using MacRuby nightly

Tnarik Innael tnarik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 03:38:45 PST 2012

Hi,

I asked the Rjb developer and he removed the dependency on dl during building.
The only issue I can see now (when executing) is that Mac Ruby doesn't provide a DL module acting as a wrapper for dlopen and because of that the execution of Rjb fails.
I think IronRuby had a similar problem and looking at the code it looks like the Ruby 1.9.1 version of the DL module was added to provide support for dlopen. I don't fully understand yet how it works though, and if something similar could be done for macruby, but I'll give it a try.

Regards,
   Eduardo