[MacRuby-devel] Using Virtus or SmartProperty as outlets?

Steve Clarke steve at sclarkes.me.uk
Thu Nov 22 01:51:27 PST 2012

I think that discussions about validation of user entered data need to consider how you provide feedback to the user on what happened.

Have you thought about how validation errors are integrated with Cocoa frameworks?  I don't know anything about Virtus or SmartProperties but I would be surprised if they buy you anything when used in conjunction with a Cocoa user interface.  Cocoa provides formatters.  Take a look at "Text Field with Number Formatter" in the Xcode controls.

Steve