[MacRuby-devel] A QtRuby Version of The GC2 Client has Been Created

J Silver jsilverman2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 09:40:09 PST 2012

Thanks Josh !

I can see how this would be a problem with GVL. I was able to get it
acceptable by limiting log size to 20 messages instead of sending entire
log mandatorily. Small change allowed the server not to choke the client
as much. Only reason I read every 1 byte is to try to allow n-sized
multi-line messages. Not sure how I would add message sizes to the
protocol, though it could be in like a LENGTH message, then sending the
longer one and using #read to get the size of the buffer. I think that
you're right in saying that can speed it up to 100% of the MacRuby and
RubyMotion speed ( fast ).