[MacRuby-devel] Internationalization question

Carolyn Ann Grant carolyn.ann.grant at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 12:50:36 PST 2013

This has probably been answered a long time ago, and I'm just not using the right keywords, but - can anyone tell me the preferred way of internationalizing MacRuby applications?

I've done about an hour of Googling, and come up with two examples on GitHub. The best one seems to be Marius Souter's MacRuby translation of code from "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X" (https://github.com/mariussoutier/Cocoa-Programming-for-Mac-OS-X-in-MacRuby/blob/master/RaiseMan/RaiseMan/Ext.rb) It also looks fairly straightforward to use, but I'm not sure if it's the "official" way of doing this.

From what I can tell, and my experiments, the @"text string" format used in Obj-C just doesn't work in MacRuby. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Carolyn