[MacRuby-devel] OS X10.9 & MacRuby's future...

Carolyn Ann Grant carolyn.ann.grant at gmail.com
Thu May 16 08:32:54 PDT 2013

Hi, I've got a question about the future of MacRuby. I like it, and have started working on a project or two using it, but I've been reading about GC and ARC, Ruby 2.0, RubyMotion and so on, and wonder where MacRuby is going? I'm quite concerned because I've put a good amount of time into my MacRuby projects.

I wish I had the knowledge and skill to help with MacRuby - I really do like it! - but unfortunately I don't. I also don't want to invest a lot of further time in MacRuby if it's not going anywhere. (And I really can't spare the $200 it would take to buy RubyMotion.)

I know this comes across as a bit impertinent, but I really would like to know what's happening with MacRuby development. Thanks!