[MacRuby-devel] Mavericks and Macruby

rob ista rob.ista at me.com
Sun Nov 3 05:30:31 PST 2013

Oooops, yes Stephen, of course the GC is depreciated. Obviously my brain didn’t want to accept that so i just forgot :))) … well, so far MacRuby and the current AppStore apps. I pulled them out. First i thought that the small ones without gems still worked, but they’ll crash sooner or later.

It’s quite amazing how in fact none of the higher level languages really survived in 30 years time. We’re all still stuck with C (and it’s derivates like C++. Jave, C#, Obj-C, …)
May be Laurent and his team can write a migration guide to RubyMotion? I’m sure that attracts customers :P. And I know he doesn’t like Xcode but it will help people move to RM :)))

Rob