[MacRuby-devel] MacRuby on Mavericks

Stephen Horne fatste at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 10:55:32 PST 2013

On 5 Nov 2013, at 18:42, Robert Carl Rice wrote:

> Thanks, I took a quick look at IB gem documentation.
> It looks like a possibility for me although it also looks like it
> could be difficult to maintain. You have to run rake ib:open every
> time you make a change in your ruby files.

I suppose you could have something like the kicker gem running in the
background watching for changes to .rb files and running the rake
command when it sees one.

> Ruby programmers will have a natural aversion to anything cryptic and
> unmaintainable as, for example, Unix shell script. Any solution I see
> seems like a throwback in sophistication. It took time for me to
> become familiar with XCODE so I'm not anxious to give up on it even
> with frequent crashes.
> PS. It seems to me that Xcode crashes because it gets to have too many
> files open in the editor and it will restore those open files when
> relaunched and continue to crash. But, doing a normal quit and
> relaunch will close files. Is there a shortcut to close all editor
> files?

Not one that I know of. Xcode seems to ignore the system-wide settings
for this (as it does with many other settings). I believe that Xcode is
applescriptable enough to write something that loops through the open
tabs and shuts them before quitting however.

Failing that, I know that you can reset the window state inside an Xcode
project by deleting the UserInterfaceState.xcuserstate file found here:

xcode_project.xcodeproj/project.xcworkspace/xcuserdata/username.xcuserdatad/UserInterfaceState.xcuserstate

--
Stephen Horne