[MacRuby-devel] Screen Saver Preferences

Craig Read craigabread at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 15:21:17 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've just started using MacRuby, and I've had limited exposure to
Objective-C so my questions are going to be fairly 'newbyish'.

Anyway, I'm writing a screen saver using MacRuby on Snow Leopard with XCode
3.2.6 (on a fairly old Intel MacBook).  I've got the screen saver working,
but I'm having difficulty getting my head around what's required to create
a preferences pane for it.  I have found some examples (in Objective-C) of
using nib files for the preferences UI, but they seem to be for earlier
versions of XCode.

To add to the complexity (or reduce it, I'm not sure yet), I'd much rather
create the preferences window programmatically.  Any help / guidance /
lmgtfy links would be appreciated.

Also, is there a searchable archive of this list?

Cheers,

Craig.
--
Craig Read