[SCAP-On-Apple-Dev] [SCAP-On-Apple] Mac OS X proposed pkginfo OVAL Test.

David Solin david at joval.org
Thu Jul 11 11:16:53 PDT 2013

I think what's generally desirable to know, is whether a particular
version of a particular application is installed on a machine.  If that
application/version has a known vulnerability, that makes it easy to
test for the vulnerability.

Alternatively, there is the inventory use-case in OVAL: I want to know
what's installed on my machines.

So, the question is, is this command/database of packages good for
either or both of these uses?  (If not, I'm curious to know what it's
good for, or why it exists at all).

Regards,
--David Solin

jOVAL.org: SCAP Simplified.