[SCAP-On-Apple-Dev] [SCAP-On-Apple] Mac OS X proposed pkginfo OVAL Test.

Jacobsen, Jasen W. jasenj1 at mitre.org
Tue Jul 16 06:04:31 PDT 2013

"Perhaps a systemprofiler_test is what's really in order, that could accept an XPATH like the OVAL ind:xmlfilecontent_test…"

That seems to be where the discussion is headed – that there should be a test (or tests) based on system_profiler. But that does not resolve the discussion of whether there should or shouldn't be a test to examine the package receipt database.

- Jasen.

The system profiler has been the go-to authority for inventory information on OSX for as long as I can remember.  So long, in fact, that I'd forgotten about it!  (I once used it as the data source for an OSX Mac inventory solution for a demo).

Perhaps a systemprofiler_test is what's really in order, that could accept an XPATH like the OVAL ind:xmlfilecontent_test...

Regards,
--David Solin