[SmartcardServices-Dev] Proposal for patching and maintaining the main source repository

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 08:38:23 PDT 2009

2009/7/10 William Siegrist <wsiegrist at apple.com>:
> Getting the source in the subversion repo to build is a little trickier that
> just checking it out and using Xcode. It is basically identical to what was
> released with 9J61, which means it requires a lot of extra stuff that is not
> in your retail copy of Leopard. So what I am proposing is using darwinbuild
> to continue patching and building the source.  I think it'll be the easiest
> way to take contributions back from the public and keep things building. If
> you have another suggestion, please let us know.
>
> The SmartCardServices project on Mac OS Forge would provide a plist, a set
> of patches, and (optionally) a tarball of source. A typical workflow that
> contributes back a patch for SmartCardServices would look like:
>
> # download the custom plist with curl or svn
> $ curl -LO
> http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/smartcardservices/trunk/plists/scs_leopard.plist

I can't find this file. Can you create it?

Maybe each sub project (SmartcardCCID  SmartCardServices  Tokend)
should have a plists directory and the plist names could be
leopard.plist (without the obscure "scs_")

Something like:
smartcardservices/trunk/SmartCardServices/plists/leopard.plist
smartcardservices/trunk/SmartcardCCID/plists/leopard.plist
smartcardservices/trunk/Tokend/plists/leopard.plist

> Note that this method does not use the source in the subversion repo. What could happen periodically is all of the patches get applied to the subversion repo and a new tarball is generated. Then the plist is modified to point to the new tarball and no patches.

Working directly with subversion would be great. But it looks like it
is difficult :-(

> If you have any suggestions or opinions about working on the source in this
> manner, let us know.

Looks manageable for me.
Can you commit the first leopard.plist to bootstrap the process?

Thanks

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau