[SmartcardServices-Dev] Proposal for patching and maintaining the main source repository

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Tue Jul 21 15:49:35 PDT 2009

On Jul 21, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> 2009/7/21 William Siegrist <wsiegrist at apple.com>:
>> The SmartCardCCID project is not a project in the built-in
>> darwinbuild
>> plists. You'll need a plist for people to download and use with
>> "darwinbuild
>> -init", and a tarball of the source on the server somewhere.  I can
>> bootstrap this for you.
>
> Yes, please.

To setup a SmartcardCCID environment:

$ mkdir ~/ccid && cd ~/ccid
$ curl -kLO http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/smartcardservices/trunk/SmartcardCCID/SmartcardCCID.plist
$ darwinbuild -init SmartcardCCID.plist
$ darwinbuild SmartcardCCID
... watch it load roots and error out due to missing source ...

$ cd BuildRoot/SourceCache/SmartcardCCID/
$ rm -rf SmartcardCCID-1
$ svn co http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/smartcardservices/trunk/SmartcardCCID
  SmartcardCCID-1
$ cd ../../..

# now build the source from the svn working copy... dont forget the -
nosource
$ darwinbuild -nosource SmartcardCCID

I used the same dependency list for SmartcardCCID as I did for
SmartCardServices. If you find headers/libraries/binaries are missing,
you can "darwinbuild -load foo" to load a root of the project which
provides the header. I can help you find the right project to load.
Anything you have to manually load should be added to the plist so its
automatic the next time.

You should be all set now.

-Bill