[SmartcardServices-Dev] SmartCardServices Development

Paul Nelson nelson at thursby.com
Thu Mar 5 10:08:22 PST 2015

I would like to encourage you all to file a bug report on the state of TokenD building.  I did a very long time ago, and it got nowhere.  Perhaps if more of us did, Apple would take some notice.  There should be public frameworks to build against.  One problem with TokenD stuff is that is was heavily invested in the CDSA architecture, deprecated in 10.7.  However, the CDSA stuff is still around in 10.10, but I don’t think Apple has a plan for moving smart card integration off of CDSA.  I asked them about just using PKCS11, but they were sure they did not to go that route, but couldn’t really explain why.

These conditions make it hard to provide supported products in this space due to the engineering work you might need for each new Mac OS release.