[SmartcardServices-Dev] Signed Installer posted for OS X El Capitan v10.11

Thomas Harning Jr. harningt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:44:20 PDT 2015

Thanks. Is there any documentation available that shows where the new
tokend installations should go?

Does this installation location happen to work for older OSX versions, or
is the location only scanned by OSX 10.11? If this location is only for
newer versions of OSX, this complicates things for users that install an
application on 10.10 or earlier and come to OSX 10.11 to discover their
TokenD was obliterated.

Smart card development for OSX seems to be a particularly dark art. By
chance are there any samples of TokenD modules written using Apple's new
blessed token API - the asynchronous nature of the new API seems to be in
conflict with TokenD API specifications.