[SmartcardServices-Users] "PERFORM VERIFICATION"-APDU don't work

Chris Hauser chris at cat-box.de
Mon Aug 24 13:05:56 PDT 2009

Am 24.08.2009 um 19:00 schrieb Shawn A. Geddis:

> On Aug 24, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Chris Hauser wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I have some Card-Terminals with PinPad (Class 2 and Class 3). I try
>> to do a PIN Verification and send a "Perform Verification"-APDU
>> ("20 18 01 00 ...") to my Readers. It seems to me they don't reach
>> it,
>> because they were never be processed by the Terminals.
>>
>> I don't know where's the reason for that (ccid or pcsc), but please
>> can
>> you enable that on Mac OS X.
>>

>> Greetings
>> Chris

Hi Shawn.

> The current CCID Class Driver does not support PinPad Readers as far
> as the *PinPad* goes,

That's really bad. Do you plan to implement pinpad-support?
Where can i find a wishlist for the CCID-Driver? Or start a petition?

What's the problem to give those APDUs to the Reader instead the
Card?

> but would support it as a standard reader if it were built on one of
> the mechanisms supported by the CCID Class Driver.

But that's needless in Applications or Situations where a Pinpad-
-Terminal is required. Like Secoder-Banking. Or when a customer
(card-owner) stands on the other Side of the Desk like eGK (German-
-Health-Cards), ePA (German eID), Clubcards, etc.

> The list of Readers (which I need to get up and maintain on the
> Wiki) that work with the SmartCardServices is included at the end of
> this message.  You did not state which reader(s) you are working with.

I know this list: <http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/supported.html>
So i thought if it's listed as a "supported" Cardreader, like the Cherry
ST-2000, SCM SCR532, Gemalto GemPCPinpad, etc. it even supports
the features like PIN Verification and PIN Modification.

Chris

--
This e-mail is digital signed. If your e-mail-application doesn't
support